8871 W. Flamingo Rd. Ste 202
Las Vegas, NV 89147
Phone: (888) 778-7403
These terms and conditions are provided by The National Phlebotomy Provider Network (“NPPN”) and fully describe the terms under which the services are provided by NPPN.
1. NPPN provides an independent medical and research specimen collection, processing, and delivery service. NPPN IS NOT a medical laboratory and does not conduct laboratory testing. NPPN IS NOT a partner or subsidiary of any medical laboratory.
2. Once specimens are delivered, NPPN has no control over the handling, processing, and testing of specimens, or reposting of those results to the prescribing practitioner. The laboratory is solely responsible for proper handling, processing, testing, and results reporting. NPPN is NOT responsible IF the laboratory fails to do any of the above properly or in a timely fashion.
3. While most common laboratory tests require the same or similar type of sample (whole blood, plasma, serum, urine, etc.) no matter what laboratory is performing the testing, every laboratory has its own specimen requirements for sample type, processing, and handling. While every effort is made to collect adequate and acceptable specimens, it is impossible to know the specific requirements for every test done by every laboratory. Furthermore, some laboratory tests cannot be collected in the field because the sample requires special handling that is impossible to perform outside a laboratory environment. In addition, some laboratory tests require the sample to undergo additional processing IN THE LABORATORY, as soon as it is delivered to the laboratory, which cannot be done in the field. Given these facts, there is a possibility that inadequate samples or no samples will be obtained. NPPN is NOT responsible [f the laboratory fails to perform any additional pre-analytical sample processing required after we deliver the samples to the laboratory.
4. PLEASE DO NOT CONTACT NPPN ABOUT YOUR TEST RESULTS NPPN has no access to the test results. You should contact the practitioner who ordered the laboratory testing for you or the laboratory who is conducting the testing directly. However, you should be advised that most laboratories are prevented by law firms releasing results directly to patients.
5. NPPN specimen collection and delivery services are provided ONLY at the direction of and under specific order from a duly licensed medical practitioner authorized to prescribe and order medical diagnostic testing. You cannot request specimen collection services without a valid laboratory order from an authorized medical practitioner.
6. NPPN personnel cannot materially change or in any way alter the laboratory order provided by your prescribing practitioner. It is against the law for any medical care provider to change a practitioners order without express consent from the prescribing practitioner. Likewise, you cannot materially change or alter your prescribing practitioner’s laboratory order for you.
7. NPPN is NOT a medical practice and does NOT provide any medical diagnosis, prognosis, treatment, or any medical advice. We do NOT have any information relating to any treatment you are undergoing or any reasons for why samples are being collected. You should seek the advice of a licensed practitioner for any question about any symptom or condition you are experiencing. If you are experiencing a medical emergency you should call 911 immediately! Do not attempt to access emergency care through our service. If you are unsure of what type of care you need, please contact your personal physician. NPPN does not dispense or deliver medicine of any kind. NPPN cannot prescribe medication or evaluate the effectiveness of any medication you may be taking.
8. NPPN is not a limousine or personal courier service. We cannot transport you to any doctor’s office or hospital. We cannot deliver any personal item to any location on your behalf.
9. NPPN services will be provided IN the patient’s home, work, or other appropriate stationary location. An appropriate location is one where patient privacy and safety are provided. NPPN does NOT and will NOT provide services inside any vehicle. NPPN does NOT and will NOT provide services in any public location.
10. NPPN performs all services and functions in the ordinary course of business and during normal business hours. NPPN is a NON-EMERGENT service and should NOT be used for collection and delivery of STAT or UGENT laboratory orders. All services are scheduled in advance and therefore we cannot guarantee accommodation of requests for “same day” schedule changes. Expedited collection and/or delivery of any specimen is NOT possible unless scheduled in advance. Because travel is inherently unpredictable, we do not guarantee or warranty any specific delivery time.
11. Scheduling Policy: We recognize that your medical care is very important to you and we respect your desire for timely medical care. Generally, appointment scheduling is conducted on a first-come, first-serve basis. However, scheduling for some patients may be prioritized based on medical need. NPPN will attempt to contact you to schedule an appointment within 24-48 hours upon receipt of your request. We make every attempt to schedule your appointment at a time convenient for you but cannot guarantee any specific time or ongoing duration of availability.
12. We have a 48-hour cancellation policy. Appointments canceled without at least 48 hours’ notice will be charged a 50% cancellation fee for all services scheduled on that day. Appointments canceled at the time of service or “no shows” “vi ii be charged the full fee for services scheduled on that day.
13. EXCEPT AS EXPRESSLY STATED HEREIN THE SERVICES OF NPPN ARE PROVIDED ON AN
“AS IS, AS AVAILABLE” BASIS. NPPN AND ITS AFFILIATES, SUPPLIERS, AND PARTNERS MAKE NO WARRANTY, REPRESENTATION, GUARANTY OR CONDITION OF ANY KIND, WHETHER IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT ABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
14. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, NEITHER NPPN NOR ITS AFFILIATES, SUPPLIERS OR PARTNERS WILL BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, PUNITIVE OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES IN CONNECTION WITH OR ARISING OUT OF THE SERVICES, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. SOME STATES/JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR LIMITATION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO NPPN. IN SUCH STATES/JURISDICTIONS, NPPN’S LIABILITY AND THAT OF ITS AFFILIATES, SUPPLIERS, AND PARTNERS WILL BE LIMITED TO THE GREATEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
15. These terms constitute the entire understanding between you and NPPN and no amendment or modification of its terms shall be valid or binding unless in writing and signed by an authorized representative of NPPN.